Since it’s LGBTQIAP+ Pride Month, I thought I’d put together a list of fairy tales with LGBTQIAP+ characters. Here are five:
- Unburied Fables is an anthology that has characters with many different sexualities and identities.
- When the Moon Was Ours is a novel that is beautifully written and features a trans character.
- The Prince and the Swan is a webcomic that is a gay retelling of Swan Lake.
- Princess Princess Ever After is a super cute comic about two princesses finding their happily ever after together.
- Valor is an anthology of fairy tale comics. Not all of the stories include LGBTQIAP+ characters, but some do.
If there are any LGBTQIAP+ fairy tales that you think I should be aware of, please do let me know!